- Semantic HTML knowledge
- Extensive CSS knowledge
- JS with working TypeScript knowledge
- React framework experience
- Limited experience in accessibility
- Front-end tooling setup knowledge
- Extensive Web Performance knowledge
- UX/UI knowledge, with growth mindset
- Limited knowledge of GraphQL
Lead front-end engineer, Web Performance
- Working daily on planning on performance work to make Canva fast, leading a team and encouraging external dependencies to help out and build a performance culture.
- Found quick wins and architectural changes to encourage performance as a default experience.
- Set up and communicated knowledge on using synthetic metrics and real user metrics on web performance.
- Casually maintaining build systems and finding improvements on developer experience.
Front-end Engineer, Infrastructure
- Spearheaded the movement to a front-end build system using Gulp (at the time) to precompile LESS files to CSS on build time rather than on runtime in the browser as a development workflow.
- Improved standardisation and consistency of CSS-based UI components.
- Aided in the development of modular JS infrastructure with SystemJS and jspm in personal time with just two people.
- Delivered performance focused culture, analysed and improved the load time of landing pages, whilst simultaneously collaborated on design and development of new landing pages.
- Involved in the rollout of Angular to the company front-end infrastructure, migrating sitewide components to the new framework, and made initial development work of the UI components implementation.
Projects & Other Involvement
“Hacking Fast in a Hackathon” article
Written an article about succeeding in a hackathon and lessons learnt from doing it.
More projects and experiments can be found on GitHub.
Academy of Information Technology
- Diploma of Software Development, 2013 — 2014
- Bachelor of IT (Mobile Application Development), 2014 — 2015